MAC has to be my favourite brand for makeup, its a makeup heaven. After trying out the NYX eyeshadow base in white, my inclination towards eyeshadow base has become more than eyeshadow primers. I think eyeshadow base look more natural. I picked up MAC’s Soft Ochre Paint Pot from its Pro Longwear range which claims to stay for the longest time. MAC Pain Pots come in various colours.
Price – ₹2000
Packaging – Soft Ochre comes in a round solid glass jar with a sturdy black top lid.
Colour – Soft Ochre is a neutral earthy toned pale colour which makes eyelids stand out and brighter.
Formula & Consistency – The formula is very creamy but matte. It dries really quickly upon application. Though, it gives a good foundation base to any eyeshadow.
In fact it can be worn by itself too. I like to use it all the time as it works best as –
- Eyeshadow base for any eyeshadow or pigments.
- It conceals any unevenness or dark circles on the lid.
- It can be used as an eyeshadow by itself or as a light shade when creating a cut crease.
I really like to use Soft Ochre Paint Pot for the amazing colour it gives to my eyeshadows. They show much better and last longer. It also saves shadows from creasing or eyelids becoming greasy. I am highly impressed by it and would like to try out Painterly next. 🙂
I have been impressed by Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks and it was time I checked up on their liquid eyeliner. It is my second eye product from Gerard Cosmetics after widely accepted Brow Bar To Go This eyeliner has already been so hyped and liked by most who used it.
Price – $17
Packaging – The eyeliner comes in a standard sleep black packaging which I love. The applicator is so sleek and precise to give a good hold for application.
Review – I love my eyeliners to be intense and dark. And this is what Gerard Cosmetics Liquid Eyeliner is about; its really pigmented and intense. It applies smoothly with a glossy finish upon drying. This eyeliner is really very dark which I love about it. It does not fade or wipe away easily. I highly recommend you getting this eyeliner as this is the most powerful and stay-on-place eyeliner I have used so far.
Apart from buying it from Gerard Cosmetics official website, you can also buy it from HERE.
Hello my beautiful friends,
Do you ever feel the urge of owning all the international brands which are not available in India? I do. I love all the brands being called by most YouTubers in their videos. I want to have as many of them as possible since most are not available in India. So, I try to get a hold of them on various special deals & schemes like Free International Shipping (because that really sucks) & some discounts. I really wanted to grab a set of Sigma brushes for so long and I finally did by purchasing a Mr. Bunny Travel Kit.
Regular Price – $86 (I got mine for a discount of 25% with free shipping)
Available at Sigma Beauty website and HERE in India.
Claims – The Travel Kit – Mr. Bunny was specially designed to deliver the perfect makeup application. This collection utilizes Sigmax® HD fibers, to guarantee perfect product placement without absorption into the bristles. This kit contains all the essential brushes you need for a flawless look on-the-go. The brush come in an innovative and functional container that turns into two brush holders!
- Free 2-year warranty on brushes!
- Cruelty Free
- Exclusive Sigmax® Fibers
- E30 – Pencil: Soften and smoke out lines. Soften pencil liners along the top and bottom lash lines, add shadow to line the eyes, or use to highlight inner corner of eyes.
- E40 – Tapered Blending: Soft blended crease. Using just the tips to apply color, sweep back and forth through the crease for a diffused and blended finish.
- E55 – Eye Shading: Even application of color. Place color across the whole lid for an even and strong application of product.
- E65 – Small Angle: Create precise lining. Moves fluidly and easily across the upper and lower lash lines. Use with gel, cream or powder liners.
- F30 – Large Powder: Even powder application .Uniform blending of powder products onto the face and body.
- F40 – Large Angled Contour: Cheek application. Use the angle to softly contour the cheekbone. Can also be used to apply blush.
- F60 – Foundation: Smooth foundation application. Apply liquid or cream products such as foundation and primer.
The travel set comes with a sturdy black round case along with seven brushes. The case as descried, can be used as two separate brush holders which is great. As the name suggests, the brushes are compact in size, neither too long nor those tini-tiny ones. Actually they are the perfect size for me. Apart from being travel friendly, they perfectly grip in my hands. I don’t like my brushes to be super long like that of Sephora.
The brushes are made of Sigmax Fibres which are very soft and dense. Even though, they do feel different from natural hair and a bit plastic. Still, they are super soft on touch and works well with makeup. I use these brushes for my everyday makeup and seriously they are great for travel and I love them, now I know why Sigma brushes are one of the best makeup brushes brand. I highly recommend this set to you guys, not only is it good but also very economical.
Everyone makes new resolutions for a New Year, like every year! Even though I do not like the term ‘resolution’ as this word puts immense pressure on me than inspiring me. Lets call it ‘Habits‘; new habits for a new year. Habits sound easy and something that can be formed. I have made a list of few beauty related habits that I want to form in the year 2017 for keeping my skin better and healthy.
- Eating Healthy Food – The main cause of a healthy skin is healthy eating habits. If you eat good food, it shows on the skin. I am going to avoid eating oily, spicy and junk food to safeguard my already oily/acne prone skin. No more caffeine and aerated drinks.. ummm.. a few are allowed!
- Never sleep with makeup on – Highly ignored but one of the main causes of skin damage. A lot of us do not realise that an 8 hour sleep with makeup on your face can ruin your skin with breakouts and pores blockage. Removing makeup with just wipes is not enough, go wash this beautiful face!
- Sleep well – Yes, as cliche it may sound but a sound sleep of at least 8 hours does wonders to your skin especially the eye area. I am sure none of us want baggy eyes and dark circle around our eyes, do we? So girls, take your beauty sleep!
- Drink water – Dehydrated skin looks dull and sick, in fact makeup does not even stay put. Drink enough water to keep your skin hydrated, not just face but whole body skin.
- Stress more on skin care products than makeup – A lot of us use makeup on daily basis that can damage our skin but we do not care much to repair it afterwards. A good skin care regimen should be included in our daily routine to keep your skin nourished and maintained. A lack of skin care especially face can lead to early ageing, dark spots and pigmentation.
- Stay happy – Last but not the least staying happy is as important as staying healthy. Remember, those who feel good from inside automatically reflect outside. Scientifically also stress, anger and sadness secrete hormones that are harmful to skin. We want more of happy and healthy hormones to keep our a clean and glowing skin! 🙂
Amongst all variety of foundations available in market, I personally like the foundations that give full coverage and are matte. I have oily and acne prone skin which takes a long lasting matte full coverage foundation to cover my imperfections caused by acne. Today, I am reviewing Makeup For Ever Mat Velvet + Foundation in shade 65. The foundation comes in a squeezable tube based tiny bottle. I felt the tube was quite small for a a full sized foundation on comparison with standard size of foundations.
Price – $36
The foundation claims to be –
The consistency of the foundation is quite thick, it is not runny at all. The foundation should be applied right away upon taking out of the bottle as it gets dried up quite easily. The foundation feels very smooth on application and can be built for full coverage. Just one layer will not be enough for those seeking a full coverage; single layer will give a light to medium coverage only. My skin feels great after applying it and it stays in place for good 6-7 hours which is great for oily and acne prone skin. I recommend setting the foundation with a loose powder or compact powder for prolong wear.
Though I am not sure about the foundation being water-resistant but for sure it does not melt or crease easily. This is one of the best foundations that I have used for acne/oily skin. I highly recommend this Makeup Forever foundation to anyone who is looking for a long lasting good foundation for problematic skin.